Monday, August 30, 2010

Cones & Cupcakes & Showers!

The Baby Mommas (Liz, love Ya) Shower was this weekend at my house.
Whew was it a packed House!
A center piece for any event is always Nice and a great way to do that is with Paper.
So instead of a diaper cake, I created, Cones and Cupcakes.
At first I wanted to make a diaper cake and use real baby items instead of wasting disposable diapers.
I know there is a way, but I feel once you roll them, that compromises the insides anyways.
 For the Stand
I used some thick cardboard pieces Stampin' UP!® uses to protect their products for shipping
...I knew I wasn't a hoarder just a recycler. 
A tube from one of our Decor elements, Some thicker (there are thin & thick) Skewers criss crossed and poked through the middle of the tube to hold the center platform, shims are needed to level. 
The top platform has the skewers glued on the bottom and just lays on the top.
Spray painted a chocolate color for future use, surprisingly it's very sturdy.
The cones are made using the Big Shot Scallop Circle die then run through a Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plate, shaped and glued, with rolled onesies, this inspiration came from a great Blog friend
Lorraine at Paper Vernissage, she does a different, but still adorable variation,
with a Great Tutorial you can see HERE
The cupcakes are rolled washcloths, hats, and burp clothes, since I do not have the Big Shot Die Perfect Settings I created a template for the paper cups or you could use real ones. But whats the fun in that?. 
 This inspiration came from Stampin' Connection a Demos Only Site and I did not favorite it, 
so PLEASE if you know and she's has a blog email me so I can edit,
her creation is way to Adorable not to link her.

After making the Shower invites, this tower,
and so much more (took pics only my SD card corrupted) 
I'm so Glad I did not get rid/sell all my recent retired papers and card stocks. 
Unfortunately I have tons so some has to go, but I will keep just a select few...
OK I'm a Hoarder!

10 comments:

Heather Pilz said...

Sam you did a great job!! I love it! I did an actual diaper cake, but next time I may try this version

Stamping Aweigh with Norma said...

Wow...This is incredible! You did an excellent job!! Love it!!

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

So adorable! This is such a cute idea - and very inventive to re-use everything!!!

Lorraine said...

Oh this is so cute! I love that you recycle too - GO GREEN!!! What a super idea for a shower. Hmmm, now I'm thinking I'll be giving socks a whole new way.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is so wonderful Sam! I bet the mommy to be just loved it. And what a great way to RRR (reduce, reuse, recycle) she gets to take the cupcakes and cones home. Excellent job!

Cindy said...

Holy moly, this is so darn cute! I wish I knew someone who was expecting!!! I found you on SC and am now a follower. I hope you will follow me too! http://www.heartsdelightcards.blogspot.com/

Ida Chan Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

this is waaaay too cute!!! i love it!

I'm a new follower from SC. hope to see you as a follower too. Cheers!

http://604clothpaperscissors.blogspot.com

Penny Hanuszak said...

Love these cup cakes......awesome. Just stopping by to let you know I'm following you from SC. I hope you'll follow me too!

http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com

Theresa said...

Absolutely adorable!

helloholley said...

OH my gosh!!!! This is sooo cute!!!! I'm following you from SC!!!