Friday, August 20, 2010

A Totally off the wall Post...


Laundry!!!
I love summer laundry, if your like me and do it once a week, summer laundry seems to take less time and get done faster, probably cause there's less of it. Thinking I need to move to a always warm state.
I tried doing a load here and there soooo many times, Just does not work for me. 
Always made me feel inadequate to meet "those" that never seem to have a basket laying around somewhere, but then again I never checked their closets.
I found out from the head guy that this is OK, he says "do what works for you."

Working still on organization, but almost there. 
Forgetfulness, the reason I have calenders everywhere. Now working on timing.
Yep bring some more info for you about Adult ADD...
just in case...You ever meet me! JK I'm not so bad, I think....

Common adult ADD / ADHD symptoms: Disorganization and forgetfulness

When you have adult ADD/ADHD, life often seems chaotic and out of control. Staying organized and on top of things can be extremely challenging—as is sorting out what information is relevant for the task at hand, prioritizing the things you need to do, keeping track of tasks and responsibilities, and managing your time. Common symptoms of disorganization and forgetfulness include:
  • poor organizational skills (home, office, desk, or car is extremely messy and cluttered)
  • tendency to procrastinate
  • trouble starting and finishing projects
  • chronic lateness
  • frequently forgetting appointments, commitments, and deadlines
  • constantly losing or misplacing things (keys, wallet, phone, documents, bills)
  • underestimating the time it will take you to complete tasks
 Cognitive-behavioral therapy – Cognitive-behavioral therapy encourages you to identify and change the negative beliefs and behaviors that are causing problems in your life. Since many individuals with ADD/ADHD are demoralized from years of struggle and unmet expectations, one of the main goals of cognitive-behavioral therapy is to transform this negative outlook into a more hopeful, realistic view. Cognitive-behavioral therapy also focuses on the practical issues that often come with ADD/ADHD, such as disorganization, work performance problems, and poor time management.

My Card....
Love the Bird house looks I'm seeing everywhere, this set Aviary-116956
My Background was super easy to do using the clear set.
That super groovy wave...a new die coming soon in the the Holiday Mini, September1,
wait till you can see what it does to fabric.
Have a Good Weekend!....Not doing Laundry☺

5 comments:

saucersrus said...

I have to say I wasn't very excited about this stamp set at all. That is until your post. I absolutely LOVE this card!! Thanks for opening my mind up a bit today :)
Amy

Katie Ann Brooks said...

so cute! You got the new die, I want it- but then I want it all....sigh. Glad you are prioritizing and handling your ADD stuff.

Susan Carlson said...

Sam,

I found your blog via your Just Believe card on SC. Then I read your ADHD post (Never got to the Just Believe post. Gott too distracted LOL!)

My son is on two different meds for ADHD. Sometimes I wonder if he'll be able to survive in this world. Guess he'll probably switch to coffee when he gets older ; )

Your projects are inspiring! ...Now I'm off to fold some laundry.

Susan

Cindy Major said...

This is adorable!! I love the colours and love the tone-on-tone wave border with the white sentiment - fabulous detail!

Cindy

Tara Angus said...

HI!
I'm now following you from SC. Cute cute card! I feel your pain with the whole ADHD thing.....I was diagnosed in 4th grade & am well, lets say way past that now. I have come to grips with my ADHD and my hubby, oh man, he just is used to it. :) Actually, I went on to grad school and am a professional counselor in an alternative HS so that I can help others like me.
Best wishes on conquering & yes, I totally treat mine with caffeine. No coffee though, totally Diet Mt. Dew!