Friday, December 3, 2010

Thrifty Word of Advice....

Make sure your intention's of what your buying it for works before you go and alter it!
Meaning...I planned on making "what ever this thing was" a magnetic Advent Calender.
After completely creating all the days and decorating this, whatever this thing is, and proceeding to hot glue the magnets on, I realized they did not stick....UGH!
OK re-think part.....Oh these cute little clothes pins scattered all over my messy work space.
TA DA!
Always another way.

I bought this, whatever it may be, thing a while ago, 
actually 2 of them for 1/2 off the original price, Cha Ching!
I knew these would make awesome advent calenders, didn't know what I was going to do to em, just stewed a bit and just started working...final results a retro piece of art!

Lilli asked why it's not red and green, this is where I go into a convo about "Stepping out of the Box"
Yadda Yadda Yadda and who whats to be normal all the time!
Little does she know it matches our home decor already, blending nicely and normally☺

By the way anyone know what this piece was? 

Have a Great Weekend!♥


2 comments:

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

Well, it may not be red and green, but I really like what you did with it! I have no idea what that was, but I love a great deal - and hey, you did what you intended - just better! :)

Carol said...

Congrats for thinking out of the box on both the colors and the actual "magnet accepting" tray...!