Sunday, November 28, 2010

Do you have these?....


Silver Plates and Platters
I did at one time, and probably bought the same ones I donated.
That's OK it all helps for a cause anyways♥
These were only 10.-25. cents at my thrift place. I think I claimed more on my taxes☺
 The plate above actually hangs on the wall from the clock.

Here's the Deets....
Drill a hole in the center 
Make sure you punch/hammer a starter hole so your drill bit does not slide.
Trace plate center on to your paper choice, cut and sand for a more smooth edge.
Stamp your image, mine is embossed in black, them colored, with a little sponging and spritzing.
Modge Podge piece down and on top, let dry.
Insert clock with the instruction's from package, I found my clocks at my local craft store for $3.50.....coupon!!!!
Beware to get the right shaft length for your project , there are many from short to long.

Or just omit the hole and make a nice inspiration piece....Like below.


Fast and easy 
whether you make it  Shabby Chic, like above, or more Modern (I'll show more later) 
the possibilities are endless...
add a pretty bauble or two, stamp on tissue paper for a more opaque look, add more ribbon, 
put the numbers or not and so much more.

Let me see what you do.
Thank You Janis Gurney for the inspiration.
Go check her out. I'm a frequent blog stalker, become one too.

Update about me: I have gone completely Hobby-makes me happy!
I will have "some" classes/camps to offset costs and will still take orders when you need them.
You MUST call or e-mail me for I will no longer have a Business Site.
I will still be here Blogging and Sharing♥, probably as much as I have always done anyways.
It's kind of funny that when I make these decisions, he has new plans by throwing curve balls at me...
lovely ones at that....
I'd like to Welcome my new Downline Christina Brashears, yep you read that right New Downline,
she knows of my decisions and still loves Me!
We both Love the Creative side and I will show you some of her awesome Creativity soon!

My joined venture with my Mom in Scentsy has become a Huge Success!
It makes me so Happy to see my Mom out and about after her past year of no-ups-just-downs,
getting back to family, reconnecting with past friends and making new ones.
My Aunt Jackie, our Office Manager, I Love You, your a big part of all our success.
I promise to give you more accurate order totals from now on...I know she actually reads my blog!
Like to know More about Scentsy...Contact me!

7 comments:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Wow! Very cool projects Sam! We must have pricier thirft stores out here in Oregon. These would be 5 dollars probably here! Enjoy your crafting hobby time...hm...maybe you can introduce a scented card line?? LOL!

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

This is so gorgeous! Congratulations on your choice - I firmly believe in doing what makes you happy!

LeAnne said...

OMGoodness....I DO have one of them, was just contemplating putting it in my own Goodwill....I think I may rescue it! Thanks for the lovely idea!

Carol said...

Wjat a smart idea..especially when the platters/plates get a bit scratched and ugly in the middle. THanks for sharing this great idea! Have fun being a hobby demo like so many others of us!

Create Peace said...

Congratulations on making a tough decision, and for following your heart. I just wanted to tell you that I love what you call your business! I absolutely love my caffeine crazed crafty moments!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

These are FAB sam!

Stampin with Gina said...

found the oval tray at the Dollar store here in Colorado. Absolutely fabulous idea. Thank you for sharing!