Friday, December 17, 2010

Sew Happy....


Stampin' UP!® is coming out with a whole suite of sew cute stamps, fabric, paper, and accessories!
A Little sneak peek of "oh SEW Suite", from the, soon to release Occasions Mini.
This cabinet, no longer have it BOO HOO), was For the Inky Angels & Inked Blessings X-mas party.
Found the cabinet at the thrift store filled with Linkin-logs, for only 2.00$ CHA CHING Again!

Here's some Deets....

Painted it here and there with brown and green craft paint, then applied, with sponge brushes, Aileen's Tacky Glue to these spots in one direction and immediately with the top coat color in another direction.
Worked like a dream and cheaper than the actual crackle paint.


Pin cushion section, using some Sweet Stitches fabric and the Sew Suite Stamp set.


Buttons and more section,
and a little clothes line, really can hang some fabric Samples and more from it.


Scissor Section, this is hanging by a wooded piece and a fun button on top.
Stamped the Tape measure from the set for a little accent.
The tape measure clear stamp is very long and must be put diagonally on a block.
When you get this set...of which I know you will. You will see what I am talking about.☺


A miniature cross and cork board.

Some thread and Cross stitch floss to use on your projects.
The Whole cabinet is use-able.
* just a slight note...there is no sewing on this, it is all the
Sweet Stitches fabric, Anywhere glue stick, and a Hot Glue Gun☺
Alicia C. an avid sewer, stole this awesome piece, and it could not have gone to a better home.
I thought about saving and entering it in the 2011 Artisan Awards. But have decided not to enter this time.
I'm terrible at keeping works of art a secret and not sharing.
So I will share away....
Have a Great Weekend

18 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't sew but my son does. I could make something a little more MANly for him. And I could make an altered box for myself 'o)

Unknown said...

I don't sew but my son does. I could make something a little more MANly for him. And I could make an altered box for myself 'o)

Anonymous said...

Truly a work of HEART! I know it has a good home at Alicia's house and will be enjoyed by many for years to come. Good work as always Sam! ~Melissa

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Oh my.. this is so so cute.. Woman.. you are so talented. Love it all.. I wish I knew how to sew.. must be so fun.. Thanks for sharing your work of art en cuteness..

Inky hugs, Pauline

Jennie Maier said...

Wow this is absolutely awesome! Thanks for sharing! It makes me wish I could sew.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is super cute and functional too Sam. Love it! Hope you are well and have a Happy Holiday!

Laura Pinto-Nguyen said...

Absolutely amazing project!!!

StampingBetty said...

InKcredible! I LOVE IT! I am so impressed, good you took photos! how long did it take? what inspired you? how could you part with that? it would so take the artisan award my dear! YOU rock! That is exactly the kind of project i am dying to create! I would so pay through the nose to be in a class for something like that! ok i know i am rambling insanely but i just can't get over how awesome it is! and functional and pleasing to the eyes! good job YOU!

Queenie Jeannie said...

This is amazing and beautiful!! Fabulous share!

Sharon Wheet said...

I saw your wonderfully, awesome project on the StampinConnection and just had to tell you its beautiful! And that I totally understand about not being able to keep it a secret to enter it into the Artisan Award. But, it is truly wonderful! Great job!

Denise said...

Sam u did a wonderful job. I luv it

Angela Timms said...

WOWZER!!!!!!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Wow!! Definitely Artisan Worthy! I'm not sure but I think you just gave away the crown - LOL! Oh well you are an Artisan Award winner in my book and always have been!

Hugs from Southern Oregon - Jean

Kristi said...

Beautiful box! I love, love, love this stamp set. Which block did you need to place the measuring tape stamp diagonally on? I have not decided yet whether to get this in wood or clear for that very reason.

Subscribing to your blog now so I don't miss out on any of your gorgeous work!

Rose said...

What an ADORABLE project!!! Love it!

Carolyn Serviss said...

So tickled I stumbled across this beautiful piece of artwork on Stampin' Connection. You are incredibly talented.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Wow! Such a lovely project. Everything is so neat and pretty. :o)

Cindy Major said...

Wow, that cabinet looks amazing! So many great details crammed in there! :D